(1) Source citation
a. The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner:
(Examples of source citation)
Source: IPSS website (http://www.ipss.go.jp/index-e.asp)
Source: IPSS Statistical Report No.24
(http://www.ipss.go.jp/ss-cost/e/fsss-11/fsss-11.asp) (accessed on year/month/day)
b. If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited,
in addition to the abovementioned source citation. Making public or using edited information in a format that may be
misconstrued as having been created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies) is prohibited.
(Example of citation when using edited content)
Created by editing the Population Projections for Japan (January 2012) (IPSS)
Created by Company YY based on the Population Projections for Japan (January 2012) (IPSS)
(2) No infringement of third party rights
a. In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) may hold
copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g.
portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the
Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
b. If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through
source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or
may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
(→ Example of an indication of Third Party rights) [See Annex]
c. Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without
the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
(3) Prohibited use
a. The Content must not be used in the following ways:
(a) Usage that violates laws and ordinances, regulations, or public policy *
(b) Usage that represents a threat to the safety of the state and/or its citizens
* Usage violating public policy means criminal use, use that is contrary to moral principles (marital order, sexual morality),
use that severely restricts personal freedom, profiteering or unfair dealings etc.
(4) Governing law and jurisdiction
the exclusive court of first instance shall be the district court with jurisdiction in the place where the organization that has
a. The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use
of information based on edited Content).
b. The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
are not required.
reviewed for revision in fiscal 2015.
We take reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on the Site, though we give no guarantee and assume no responsibility for consequences caused by the use of any information on the Site.
(1) Anyone wishing to may freely establish links to the website, for their own purposes and on their own responsibility, provided that the method employed does not violate copyright law (such as displaying content from the website within a frame on another Web page).
However, sites falling into the following categories are strictly prohibited from establishing links to the website:
* Sites containing material intended to libel, defame, or impair public trust in IPSS.
* Sites containing illegal (or potentially illegal) material injurious to public order and morals as well as sites affiliated with groups intending to (or potentially intending to) make use of such material.
(2) IPSS makes the following request to persons wishing to establish links to the website:
* After establishing the link or links, please inform Department of International Research and Cooperation by email from the "Contact Us" of the URL(s) of the site(s) containing the link(s), the organization it is affiliated with, and contact information for the site administrator (If violation of copyright law is detected, persons responsible are requested to delete such content immediately.)
* It is recommended that the links are to be established either with the toppage of our site
(http://www.ipss.go.jp/index.html) or the toppage of the english site (http://www.ipss.go.jp/index-e.html). For other pages, URL may change without announcement.
We recommend for use of our barner gif, to creat your lint.
|120 * 60
|120 * 90
|234 * 60